Thursday, October 2, 2008

In the fertile month of January

September 23 marked the first day of a whirwind of family birthdays. My grandma has the great honor of heading of weeks filled with celebration. After grandma's birthday we found ourselves indulging in cake and ice cream for my mom's birthday, by the way her birthday happened to be crazy awesome due to some incredible daughters (not bragging...I'm just saying...). Two days later is Aunt Teen's birthday, I think she's like 40 or something now? The very next day Amanda and Timini celebrate the day they came in to the world together only 6 years apart. This was a fun day, we had twice the presents, twice the cake and twice the balloons. October 1st came around and my cousin Braxton turned 11. I must insert a great story here: Timini was born on September 30, while my mom was at the hospital having her, my Aunt Brenda was just down the all preparing to have Braxton who did not come until the next day, thus Timini and Braxton are only hours apart from each other, the end. It is October 2nd today and it's my dad's turn to be in the "one year older" spotlight. There will be no cake today, instead we will enjoy a fresh peach cobbler complete with candles. October 7th will be the last of this massive clump or birthdays and it is my grandpa who will bring up the tail end.

Yes, January must be the fertilest (word?) month for my family because nine months goes by and BAM we have all these birthdays. Happy birthday everyone!

Recipe of the day: Cut up one carrot in the shape of wheels and put in steamer dish with 1 Tbsp of hot water, microwave for 1 minute and COVER with salt...enjoy!

No comments: