Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's...bike ride?"

New character: Robin-my incredible, well educated, booty kickin' therapist
I went to therapy land today, I always love going to therapy land. I sat on the couch (it's a new couch btw, very comfy) across from Robin and got all prepared to talk about deep, dark, twisty stuff but instead we started talking about...activities! I love activities. One activity that came up was bike riding which I have develope a new love for. Robin decided this would be a good place to insert an analogy (therapist seem to be quite good at these) . She said that breaking bad habits is a little bit like riding a bicycle. For years and years you have a bad habit and then it comes time to change the habit which is like getting on a bike after not riding for a long time. At first you are hesitant and wobbly and even a little scared to get back on the bike but after a while it becomes easier and less scary. Overcoming a bad habit is scary and you feel a bit hesitant at first but the more you do the opposite of you bad habit, the more comfortable it becomes and BOOM! No more bad habit. Also, as you ride along on your bike (or new, good habit) there will be hills to climb and when you see the hills you think "oh crap, I'm gonna die before I make it up that thing!" but if you take it slow and steady you will get to the top and then you can coast down the other side! How awesome is this?

Tip of the day: don't get up at 6:00 a.m. to have your hair curled

No comments: