Monday, October 27, 2008

MM Saga

It's time to tell the Michael McLean story. First I must say that he is awesome and he is absolutely my "hero of the music writing world". That being said I must tell about why we are good buddies. It all started at ladies night out at Deseret Book a few weeks ago. I went with mom and Manda. We went to see Michael McLean perform early in the day, we showed up about 3/4 of the the way through his performance, I was able to request a song though. I requested "Sick and Tired" which describes my life perfectly. He invited me to sit right in front of him and started singing this song to me. Then, with the help of some inspiration I'm sure, he told me not to move because he was going to sing me one more song entitled "You Don't Know". Afterward we went and talked to him, did the whole "will you sign my CD" thing and we became buddies. Then the songwriting workshop happened. I emailed him my music and asked him to critique it and his response to that email was "call me, I want to talk to you about this" then gave his number. He ended up calling me on Friday morning which was a fabulous surprise. We talked for a long time and he said that he loved my music. WOW! That's a huge compliment. Before we hung up he said "well, it looks like you're stuck with me now, we're going to be best buds from now on, is that okay?" then he told me I'm the coolest and the convo ended. He's really such a neat guy. That's the story of Michael McLean an our buddiness.

Tip of the day: wear padded pants when riding a trotting horse

No comments: