Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No ball for you Cinderella

So, my mom and I are doing this totally AWESOME new storybooking business. It's called Heritage Makers (the official link to the website will follow at a later date, probably tomorrow), it's the best way to tell your story for future generations and it's absolutely priceless. Anyway, we decided to hold a workshop so we could let others know about this new exciting thing and give them a chance to tell their stories as well. We decided it would be best to plan to hold a workshop on two different days that way the people we invited could choose the best day that worked for them. We chose October 14 and October 22. Last night we got set up and even put out some yummy treats and waited....and waited....and waited. Finally at 7:15 we saw lights in our driveway signaling that a spaceship had just landed or someone had actually come to hang out with us!! It was the later. It turns out however that this neighbor had just come to get some new reading material from my dad's vast library of thrilling, mind engaging novels and then she told us that she would be coming to our "party" next week. Oh well, we tried. We are going to have an excellent turn out next week though so we can look forward to that! My mom came to tuck me in after we had cleaned up our party stuff and said "well I guess I'm turing in" and I said "turning into what?" and she said "a pumpkin" and thus the night ended.
My next rambling has nothing to do with this "no party" that happened rather it will focus on my ED group. I have been going to ED group for about a year and have made some friends. Well, during my little "sebaticle" in Cedar City recently the group changed. I showed up at group three weeks ago and there is not one single person that I know and it's scary. I skipped a week because I was nervous and wanted to watch Timini barrell race instead but I went last week. Today I showed up for group expecting to see the faces of these lovely ladies who I don't know but I was the only one who showed up. It was actually more like an individual therapy session because Robin is the group leader and my therapist as well. It was fun to hang out with her for that hour and a half. We talked about all sorts of things and laughed a little too much. This ends the my random speaking for the day.
OH! It's Fat Talk Free Week!!!! Don't forget to sign the promise! http://www.bodyimageprogram.org/action/fattalkfreeweek/

Tip of the day: don't eat vegetable soup unless it contains alphabet noodles!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My family does Heritage Makers! We do our scrapbooks that way and LOVE it!