Saturday, January 31, 2009

Calling Dr. S

I had to go to the Dr. yesterday which is always a lovely experience, is it not? I developed some bruises on my legs, they just sort of appeared overnight, I must've been beating myself up on my sleep. I thought to myself "this is not normal, I must see the Dr." so off I went. I really hate going to the Dr. mostly because you never know what they are actually going to do to you. Part of me wondered if I was going in about some bruises and ended up having my left hand amputated or something. Another reason I hate the Dr. is all the touching and poking and stuff, I am quite uncomfortable with that particular type of physical contact. Dr. S is such a nice guy though and we had a wonderful visit. After a while he said he would like to do some lab work and an EKG to check out how totally cool my heart is. The MA (who, by the way, just returned from Mexico where it was 89 degrees while it was tropical 23 degrees here in Utah) came in with all the little tubes and various equipment that a vampire would need. She brought in a butterfly needle which was offensive because I have some seriously HUGE veins (no joke), butterfly needles are for wimps or very small children. I knew my veins could handle a much bigger needle but alas it was not meant to be. The MA must've filled like 1005769 tubes because it took forever. I also had an EKG. I've done bunches of EKGs in my time working at the Medical Clinic and I've had quite a few so I knew the drill. Remove all vital clothing from your upper person and put on a lovely nightie which is so not flattering with the opening in the front....WHAT?! The front?! That's awkward. Once again the MA returned with an EKG machine from the ice age and put the funky sticker things all over me and took a reading of my heart for about a minute then she was gone again. The Dr. looked at the EKG and said it was okie dokie except my heart rate was 50 which is kinda slow...I guess I was relaxed :) He also ordered my blood test STAT which is like the coolest medical word ever so I was excited about that.

So, that was my adventure at the Dr. office. Afterward we got ice cream because I was such a good girl. Okay, it wasn't because of that, it was mostly because we wanted it. P.S. I highly recommend Baskin Robbins new Butter Almond Crunch!!!

I have included a picture of my cute self and my cute haircut just for you Teen!












No comments: