Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lily the butter"fall"

Sunday brought a most traumatic event to our house. After church I was standing in the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I caught something falling from the cat walk on the third floor (about 10 ft. above the main level) and then I heard a "thud" and then I heard Lily crying. She was hopping around on three legs with her back leg tucked up underneath her. I freaked out, I just knew her leg was broken. She didn't appear to be hurt anywhere else so I picked her up and held her. We called the ER for animals from the phone book and they said that they wouldn't be able to see her for at least three hourse because they were just going in to surgery. Then we called every after hours number we could find and finally got a vet that lives just down the street from us. He came over and looked at her and decided to bring her down to his vet office. I didn't go because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle watching him fix her and hearing her cry. It turns out that she dislocated her hip pretty good. Now she is all better, her hip is being held in place by a wrap for a few days but she'll be fine. Also, while she was knocked out getting her leg fixed the vet pulled her teeth which makes her "no longer handicapped". I get to keep her teeth and a CD that has her x-rays on it (she has the teeny tiny little bones). So, Lily apparently cannot fly even with the size of her ears. She may think she can but no, she in fact cannot.

No comments: