Saturday, May 30, 2009

Relaxing afternoon

I went to the dentist on Monday and it was great! I'm alwasy so relaxed at the dentist, I almost wanted to take a nap. I got my pretty little teeth cleaned with an amazingly strawberry flavored toothe cleaner or some sort that was all foamy and then I got flossed and rinsed. I decided that it's so much easier having someone do these things for you. Sometimes I get lazy and don't actually brush for the full recommended two minutes (like I have the patience for that!!!). Anyway, that was awesome. Then the Dr. S came in to exam the x-rays and poke at my teeth with his mean looking poking stick which is not actually mean at all. After digging around for a minute he says "I think there's something back here" and I'm like "what the heck could be back THERE!" Apparently there was a very small cavity. I'm not entirely sure how this cavity came about but...le sigh...it is there. There was also another teeny tiny problem-o. One of my bottom pointy teeth has a very badly receeded gum line which means the nerves are being exposed and causing mucho ouchie. I don't brush it or touch it or anything like that because it makes me flinch and that's weird. He said it's bad enough I'll probably have to have a graft but will check it again in six months. I got a new spinny toothbrush out of the deal though because it's supposed to be gentle on my oh so tender gums :)


1 comment:

Teen said...

Hey, we must be related. I have the same "receeding gum line" problem. And I have a spinning toothbrush too. The good thing about it is that it times you for two minutes, then automatically shuts off so that you get the full two minutes. Does yours do that? But also like you, I don't always have the patience for that and use my same old plain regular boring tooth brush so I can just hurry. :) BUT, I still have never had a cavity (let me hurry and knock on wood!)