Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Face Craters

I made the mistake of getting two moles (yes, ugly brown dots) removed from my facial region, namely my lateral nostril (on the right side). There were two lovely lumps quite close together so I thought "what the heck, why not get them both loped off at the same time, save some money and another trip back to the derm" so I did. He numbed it up good with a very small needle which he dug around for what felt like 20 YEARS until I could no longer feel a thing. Next came the razor blade...uh hello!? Razor blade...eyes...not a good combination. Anyway, after he sliced them off they went in to their own little test tubes to be sent of for an examination by highly trained professions whom I will call mole-ologists. They study moles in great detail to make sure there is no icky cancer in them. After the moley moles were gone he busted out the "hyfercator" and literally burned my face WITH FIRE! It stunk. Then he put some lovely bandaids on that were quite inconspicuous (not). So the bandaids came off today and what the H-WORD (pardon me) there are two giant holes in my face that are not so attractive. I believe they are red but I could be wrong about this. Anyway, the derm says that they will be scabby then fall off very soon as long as I don't pick them. For those of you who know me well, you know how much I enjoy picking. Luckily since the fingernail removal incident I have no fingernails to speak of so it shouldn't be a problemo (spanish, in honor of Cinco de Mayo). That's the story of the face craters.

2 comments:

Corena said...

Actually, they are quite becoming; you look lovely! You are so funny, you should write for a living and make people's day everyday!

Manda said...

bahahahaha i have one too that's twice as bad as both of yours put together! weenie!! :)