Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mi papillon est handicape

I speak french now by the way. My cute little papillon is indeed handicapped, I've even thought of getting a tag for my car window so I can park in the special spaces. I took Lily to the vet last week to get her rabies shot (OUCH) and the vet looked in her mouth and said "she has a severe overbite"...okay, what does that mean? Well, her top teeth are pushing in to her gums on the bottom and hurting, that's not good. I asked what could be done about this and the vet told me that when her big girl teeth come in chances are good that they will have to be pulled to prevent her from being in pain. Also, she said if I have a lot of money that I could get her braces. What the moldy cheese?!? Braces for a dog, absurd. So, that is why my puppy is handicapped.
In other news: I just ordered a book on Amazon using one-click ordering and it's totally fab.

Also, my sissy gave me this wonderful poem and I thought I would share it here.

The new me
Change can be a scary thing
Like the caterpillar,
I must find my wings.
Heavenly Father created me to move.
He knows that day by day
I will improve.
I must decide to make the change soon,
To grow inside my spiritual cacoon.
While inside this place
Called earthy home,
I pray and search,
I'm not alone.
Then one day, after struggles and pain,
I win the price of eternal reign.
A butterfly I've become.
I tell Heavenly Father
that his work is done.

1 comment:

rachel ramsay said...

sheppie (my dog) view at http://www.shepcatrules.blogspot.com had the same problem, he had some teeth pulled, no doggie braces but a big attitude.