Monday, April 20, 2009

House training...no bueno

Lily must be house trained so she does not continue to soil our lovely home. Usually she does okay...actually I lied, she never does okay. The thing is that when I take her outside to use el bano she never quit finishes because she gets distracted "mid-doody" and then when she comes back inside she still has more to doodle. She seems to forget why she's outside in the first place. Typically it is the cat that distracts her then she has to act all tough and mean while the cat sits back and rolls his eyes. It's even worse when it's 5 degrees outside and she just WON'T GO! I'm not going to stand outside all night and freeze so I put a pee pee pad in my room which she is actually good at using. She seems to have to go at 5:00 a.m. lately which is inconvenient because nobody in their right mind wants to get out of bed that early especially to take the dog outside!! I've decided that I will watch her at all times to make sure that I catch her every time she starts sniffing for a suitable spot to do the dirty deed. Also, when nobody is home she gets to start being locked in a kennel until somebody lets her out. She doesn't like this, I don't blame her but it must be done. In hopes of making her more comfortable I have situated the kennel in the piano room directly in the sun so she can at least stay warm and comfy.
In other news I have achieved pro status in bowling on the Wii. Now I get a special glittery ball with stars...yeah, I'm just that good!

No comments: