Monday, May 18, 2009

Cookin' with Cass

I've decided to make my own cooking show or at least a web show?! I pretty much rock the kitchen. Saturday was so much fun! I volunteered to make four salads for the big gathering at the park in honor of Kade (who is home by the way). We were expecting a lot of people which meant we need a lot of food. I started the day by making a bowtie pasta salad with taco seasoning (random?). That took a while because I had to make half the noodles then the other half since we don't have a big enough pot. The next challenge was finding a serving bowl big enough to mix it in but we did. After that salad was taken care of I moved on to the potato salad. Again, I had to cook half the potatoes then the other half so it took a while. Eventually the potatoes got done and we found another bowl to mix it in. After the potato salad I moved on to the brownies. Lots and lots of brownies (I think these were the highlight of the event). After making brownies Kade brought a lovely date over and made her dinner so I took Manda and Timini to Chili's so they could have the house to themselves. After dinner it was time to bake the cookies! Four batches of Chocolate Chip and six batches of peanut butter later I was finally done for the day (it was about 10:30 p.m.). Up early on Sunday I was ready to go again! Sunday morning I made the lettuce salad and the fruit salad...went to church, rushed home during Sunday school to start the chicken, heard Kade speak, rushed off again to set up the food at the park and take the chicken out of the oven. At 2:00 everyone came over to eat and visit and it was all ready for them! I should have my own cheer squad because that's how much I rock! So, tune in to my weekly cooking show (ok, so I don't have a weekly cooking show but you are welcome to tune in anyway).
Now I need to figure out what to make for dinner....

2 comments:

Corena said...

Where did she get this love of cooking? Certainly not from me. Sunday was a lot of fun, the meal was wonderful - and we owe it all to Cassie! Thank you so much!

Teen said...

Okay, first of all, howcome I never heard about this "date" Kade had???? Secondly - YOU DO ROCK, Cass. The meal was GREAT. So tell me, were the choc. chip cookies from a mix or from scratch because they were excellent (along with everything else, of course). Thanks for making it a fabulous day - we had a great time.