Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The life of a farm girl

I'm becoming what I NEVER thought I would EVER be and as it turns out it is quite fabulous. The life of a farm girl is quite busy. There is always something to be done...feed the horses, ride the horses etc. and best of all there is lots of DIRT involved. Those of you who know me well know how much I despise the dirt but things have changed and the dirt is awesome! I believe the only things that really bother me are horse sweat and mud.

So, this morning I went with Mike and Lori to get some hay because, of course, the horses have to eat. At first I went to pick up some hay and it was soooo heavy, like twice my weight and there was no way I was going to move it. I thought to myself "if at first you don't succeed, try again" and I did indeed try again. I ended up moving 2 bales out of 100. Yes, it's kind of pathetic but I was proud of myself. My muscles seem to be failing me these days :)

Also, as part of this farm girl thing I've been riding my horse. I can catch, saddle, and ride her without supervision now. How cool is that?! I can even life the saddle on to her all by myself (mommy wow! I'm a big kid now!).

That pretty much sums up my life at the moment. Bah bah bah bah bah I'm lovin' it!

Tip of the day: the best time to take a drink in the car is when there are no bumps!

No comments: