Saturday, February 14, 2009

Innocent in a bar

Hello peepcicles and now for your enjoyment...the bar story: It was a cold Friday night in Ogden Utah. Lori and her boyfriend Mike and I were just sitting around at the kitchen table chattin' it up and Lori was like "let's go out to the bar and do some dancing" and so we all changed in to our "going out to the bar clothes" and took off in the BIG yellow truck. We pulled in to the Outlaw around 8:00 p.m. and at this point I was so excited because I've never actually been to a bar where you pay $5 to get in and get ID'd and all that. We walked in, paid our mullah and found a table in the back where we would watch the dance floor and all the other people getting wasted. Lori and Mike ordered beers and a virgin pina colada (bring me two pina coladas, gotta have one for each day....of sorry, off the subject a little). We were drinking away when a cowboy guy with stinky breath came and asked me to dance, I accepted and we did the western swing followed by the two-step and then the western swing again. This guy began to get a little creepy. He proceeded to ask me to dance about a thousand bazillion more times and even invited himself to join our table. Lori and I were trying to get him away by going to the restroom and stuff that girls do to ditch weird guys. Now, around this time Lori was probably on her fourth beer and it was getting late. There was a seriously cute guy at the table next to us and he said that if the creepy bull riding, poo poo in the boots guy came back that I was 100% allowed to throw myself all over him (his name was Nick). He was a nice guy. We all danced a little more, Lori was so sloshed by the end of the night and she was HILARIOUS! I've never seen a funnier drunk person in my life. We ended up getting home at 1:00 a.m. and for those of you who know me well, I never stay out past nine. This was a big step. The bar was so much fun and the dancing was awesome. Perhaps I will go dancing again next weekend. Oh! Thank you Crystal for purchasing those fabulous dancing boots for me!

Recipe of the day: Stir 1 Tbsp of Stephens Mint hot chocolate mix in to boiling water and top with approximately 6 tiny marshmallows

No comments: