Friday, December 25, 2009

The Sugar Cookies...Tragic Story

My attempt at making a simple batch of sugar cookies turned into a complicated mess of nonsense. Appartenly my brain cells had ceased to function and I was no longer sane.
I had this great idea to hand out free Christmas sugar cookies to our customers at the store on Christmas Eve....spreading the holiday cheer, you know. So I proceeded to go to the grocery store with my little post-it recipe in my hand. I walked down the isles picking out the things I would need. I came to the baking soda and threw some in the cart. I got to work and ready to make the sugar cookie dough and realized that the recipe called for baking powder, I should have been wearing my glasses I guess. I decided that it would be okay for me to make the dough, put it in the freezer and knead the baking soda in later, no bueno.
After work I decided to make yet another batch of cookies the right way. The recipe calls for 1 Cup Shortening (1/2 butter). I assumed this meant 1 Cup of shortening or 1/2 cup of each. Well my father figure told me it was one of the other. So I put in 1/2 cup of butter, that is not what the recipe meant and they were not good. I was getting angry so I had my darling mother stand next to me while I made the third and final batch of cookies. I had her read the recipe while I put in the ingredients. The sugar cookies ended up being a hit although the angels turned out a little bit obese, perhaps they should lay off the sugar cookies.
Merry Chirstmas!

No comments: