Friday, November 7, 2008

Interview #1

Yes, it's true, I finally had an interview and I'm so happy about it! I no longer feel discouraged and frustrated as I did before. Something has come of all this hard work I've been doing and it's an exciting feeling...a rush! I got a call from McKay Dee Hospital where I had applied for a phlebotomy position, they wanted to interview me and so yesterday I went for my interview. The ladies that interviewed me were way relaxed, they were eating their lunch while they talked to me. I answered all the questions so good except for one phlebotomy specific question but I'm not too worried about that one. Overall I feel confident that I, in fact, did a great job and this position will be mine! The hours are weird for this particular job, it's PRN so I would be called in whenever one of the regular staff can't be there even if it's in the middle of the night! How crazy is that? It pays well and it seems like such a great environment. In case I don't end up getting this job (I won't know for two weeks) I applied for two more today and even had another interview set up for monday. The job search is looking up and I'm so hopeful now!

Fact of the day: scolding hot hot chocolate will burn your taste buds off :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I really do enjoy working in the medical field. I hope you get this position! I'm excited for you.