Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boring

Folks girlfriends a little B.O.R.E.D. but that is to be expected when one is working the day shift. Seriously nobody eats breakfast anymore...like ever. We serve incredibly delicious breakfast sandwiches but nobody wants them because of their new years resolutions and Atkins's diets and what not. Diets are bad for your health and bad for business. It seems like people these days are looking for a quick fix to all life's problems. They try every new diet because "thin is in" and they expect instant gratification and are frustrated when their new diets fail, then the next new diet fails...blah blah blah. Okay, got that out of my system.
So I was driving down the road on my way to work and there are rocks everywhere throughout the canyon. As I was swerving around the rocks, trying to avoid the cars in the other lane I thought to myself "isn't this just like life, there are always rocks that must be swerved around and cars in the other lane that must be avoided" and then I thought "haha, how smart of me to come up with such an analogy" and then I thought "wow, analogy is a BIG word, I am brilliant". But really people, it's true. Everywhere you turn there are rocks in the road of life. Whether they are financial rocks, social rocks or whatever. They cannot be avoided, they are part of learning and growing while we are here on earth. Sometimes the rocks get kicked up underneath your vehicle and poke holes in the gas tank and things blow up but it's not the end of the world. The gas tank can be repaired and your vehicle will one again be on the road. Isn't it great to know that although we have trials, there is someone who can help you through it. Friends and family and Heavenly Father can repair you and everything is wondeeful again :)

No comments: