Monday, August 3, 2009

Brownies and Kittens and my dear Aunt Teen

I heard a rumor today that I haven't blogged since July 15th and that some people may be perturbed about this (I won't mention any names...Teen). As a result of not blogging for about 18 days there is much to tell.
A couple days ago I took the papillon outside to take care of some early morning business and in the midst of the quiet morning I heard a tiny little "meow" actually it was more like an angry meow. Lily and I went to scope out the situation and under a weedy bush we found a teeny kitten, maybe three weeks old and it was a very unhappy camper. I suspect that it was angry because it had been abandoned and also that it was hungry. Of course I picked it up and brought it inside and fed it some Ensure...I shared my nutritional, oh so yummy, please gain weight, homemade vanilla shake ensure with this poor unfortunate little kitty. It was pretty darn happy after that. Lily was rough with her so they had to take turns getting to play. Lily would go in her kennel while the kitten played then the kitten would go in her kennel while Lily antagonized it or whined at the door of the room we put it in. A family in our ward was in a need of a kitten so they took her. She should be happy and doing well. She will be loved where she is at.
I made brownies today. They were delicious brownies. My mother requested them a few days ago and my busy self could not get to them until this afternoon. We put some in the freezer and that made them way better. Also, I discovered that putting a brownie in a Fed Ex envelope and mailing it to Preston, ID would be a very bad idea. Virtual Fed Ex by email is much easier and less messy, however the brownie still seemed to arrive crumbly?? Figure that out. Now you must bask in the joy of the brownies and wish that you were eating one, it would be like a party in your mouth...now bask...
One other item of important business. I am employed. That's right! Come on down to Gandolfo's where you will NOT receive a discount for mentioning this ad and I will gladly make you any sandwich your little hearts desire. I only know how to make one but that it beside the point. I can proof and bake bread like nobody's business. I make a mean kaiser and hero roll. I work everyday from 7:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. and I have my very own key to the store and an awesome black shirt that says "Gandolfo's" all over it and shows Lily hair very well. That is all.
Farewell for now my lovelies.

2 comments:

Teen said...

Thank you OH so much for updating your blog. It always makes my day. If you could do that every day so that's the first thing I read every morning, my day would certainly go much better. :)

Manda your cool sister said...

Haha sucker. I can make ALL the sandwiches and i can proof and bake bread. AND run the cash register. That's right. You are jealous. I also get the "opportunity" of closing..which means i get to restock the condiment bottles for you morning people, and clean everything there is to clean! Yay for jobs! Too bad we don't work together...just kidding. Nothing would get done. hahaha :) love ya!