Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camp...young women's style

I've never been to an actual "young women's camp" before. I think when I was like 15 I went to camp for part of a day but never had the full experience. Well, this year you might call young women's camp our family vacation. Manda and Tim went since they are obviously young women, mom went because she's a laurel advisor and dad went because without him the girls would have starved. So, it seemed like a good idea for me to go as well. The afternoon before mom and I went up (mom had to work so we didn't go the whole time) I had a "procedure" which caused me a great deal of pain. The next morning we went to Idaho for girls camp. I was sure I would be fine but it turns out that I was in a lot more pain than I originally thought I would be. The morning we left was basically torture but....I conquered and came out mostly alive!! I really tried hard to enjoy girls camp and I did enjoy it, just hurting a little bit. We did all sorts of crafty things and I even got to be in charge of making magnet boards! It was great. I helped cook chicken and apple, cherry and peach cobbler. It was fun to watch the girls play in the water and do their various activities. I took Lily and she and I shared a sheep camp (totally cute). So I have now experienced a real young women's camp. Lily also enjoyed camp. She was tied up outside for almost the whole time we were there. The girls liked playing with her. When we got home she was exhausted! She slept for two days. I think a few days of camp is more than a tiny little puppy can handle.

No comments: